This post is going to be quite short, just a little update on the ring project I talked about yesterday and a quick note on some other tinkerings. I’ve not been able to make much headway today, because I still get a lot of e-mails after my blog post on Carp was on Hackernews and r/programming. I enjoy these messages, but they are taking a toll on my productivity at the moment.
I changed the torus form to be more ring-like, i.e. a band form. Now I’m experimenting with different thicknesses and sizes. For this I had to change the rendering from lines to curved vertices, which was fun, but didn’t feel very productive.
I then updated my art site with some small projects, and prepared the next blog post on Carp, which will hopefully clear up some confusions that people had reading the first installment. I plan on getting it done by the end of this week. Similarly, the ring will hopefully be ready to be 3D printed in a few days, so I can actually see what it looks like in the real world and know whether I’ve painted myself into a corner.
I will keep you posted!